November 6 is a crappy day and I am glad it won't be here for another year. I thought the shitty weather was going to be the craptasical part of my day. Wrong.
I always put my phone on vibrate at work. I don't think I will ever do that again. My mom started calling me at 7 this morning. J finally got a hold of me at about 10:45. And he wonderfully got to give me the news that my stepdad had a heart attack the night before and was in the hospital in Omaha.
Well fuck me running. I carpool and wasn't driving- that left me with no way to get there. J managed to get off work, but it was 12:30 before he got there. Was a crappy hour and 45 minutes. I got nothing done (unless you count not crying as accomplishing something, which then I did get that done for the most part).
Step dad didn't look horrible (considering). It was a pretty major attack apparently. They cleared a bunch of the blockage and got one stint in when he came into the ER, but he wasn't stable enough to do the other two he will need. He actually coded when they got him to the room because his heart didn't know what to do with that much blood supply. He is getting two more tomorrow and then may go home on Saturday, but it will depend on how tomorrow goes.
I fucking hate today.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm so sorry. I'll be sending good thoughts to you and your family.
Post a Comment