Wow- that was the most unrelaxing vacation ever! But funner than crap!
Got in Wednesday night. Only one aunt and uncle there and one cousin and his kids (well, and my aunt and uncle that own the place we go to). Fairly slow night- cousin's kids were in bed already, so it was just the rest of us hanging out, sharing a few drinks, then heading to bed.
Thursday- various other family members arrived throughout the day Didn't do a whole heck of a lot. Went down to the creek side cabin and got in (why is it that every year I forget exactly how cold 55 degree water feels?) until I was freaking numb. Stayed up as more family arrived, then headed out for the night as the next two days would prove long!
Come Friday afternoon, we had over 40 people (all stuffed into 7 cabins too- good thing we all get along!). Good thing J and I are totally into having a kid, because otherwise there was plenty of birth control running around that day! Went down into the valley by the creek to watch the rich bastards blow up a bunch of money (and how!). We then headed back to to the cabins for a little drinky drinky time. We all had a few then stumbled off to bed.
Saturday was a new day (and it could be told that the kids were still a bit worn out). Another days of freezing cold water wading. Then for what ever reason we decided to go for a tubing run. Right as we went to get in, it clouded over and we were praying to be to our pickup point before it rolled in. We did (barely- there was a tornado touchdown about an hour west of us from the cell- lovely). Following supper, the girls decided we were going to the bar (one of the two in this ginormous town- LOL). We headed in (and then were invaded by the guys an hour or so later- lame asses). Blew some money on keno, had some drinks, then headed back to the cabins. Those still there were having the traditional guitar sing along, so joined in on that for a while. Then as I was going to bed (I swear I was!). As I headed into my cabin, I was unceremoniously kidnapped by one of my cousins. After hanging with him and his girlfriend, they got my nephew (also kidnapped) back to our cabins at 4 AM (and J wasn't pissed- I was shocked).
Sunday was a day of good byes as most people left then, and then today we sadly returned home. Though it sounds as if we have a couple more trips to the creek planned this year. Yay!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment