Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Somewhere other than here"

I so wish I could even take credit for this response, but this belongs to J.

I went today to pick up my Clomid and trigger. Clomid wasn't an issue, but the trigger was. For starters the lady had no clue what it was (score). I was waiting for her to ask, but she didn't.

Anyway, she called me back for my free Clomid and to tell me that my insurance didn't cover the HCG shot (duh- I didn't need to be told that. My current insurance has no IF coverage and definitely doesn't cover the meds for it). She told me it would be $107. My nurse clearly told me that I shouldn't pay more than $55 for it and I told the pharmacist that. She said ok and "rang up" my Clomid and off we went.

J and I got about 5 steps before she said to the other pharmacy worker "I don't know where she thinks she's going to get that for $55..."

"Somewhere other than here."

Some days I love that man.

4 comments:

Cate said...

I used Freedom Pharmacy and it was $47 for mine. It def should not have been over $100! HOPEFULLY you won't need it again, but if you do, try Freedom. My RE just called in the Rx and it was delivered the next day (free shipping!).

Fingers crossed for you this cycle!

Doyous

Joy said...

I also used Freedom after Medco decided to be a pain in the butt. They ordered Ovidrel for me this time around (instead of reg HCG), and it was $45 plus tax, I think. Not only did I have it in 48 hrs, they even delivered it to my work in a snowstorm (Fedex, signature required).

Hopefully you won't need another trigger, though. :D Good Luck!

Kristin (kekis) said...

High five to J! It's nice to have someone with us in the battle every now & then.

GhostMonkey- That Funky Monkey said...

LOL- I won't tell you what I actually ended up paying for it today. It wasn't pretty. But at least I have it now.

But I will definitely keep Freedom in mind for future cycles.