Saturday, August 7, 2010

Now for more entertaining issues.

So I thought I had the whole nursery theme figured out. Safari goes with the room colors. I had originally wanted sheep, but it's a bitch to find decor. Or so I thought. Damn you Baby Bargains and your suggestions. Now I am all confuzzled.

So here is the room (ignore the crap that's in there, it's all coming out in the next 6 months). I have intentions of changing the color- it will be touched up, but that is it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The closest curtains are obviously open for change as well.


So that brings me to the two options. First off sheep/lambs.
Bedding: (PBK Sweet Lambie) My only issue is they are white faced sheep (yes, I am breed loyal when it comes to my sheep. We never raised white faces because they weren't as good for meat. Anyway).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My issue came in with call decor, but I think that has been solved, as I found a couple options:

My only issue is this is so not the colors I was going for, but I think it would work if done correctly.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Would this so not go with the colors in the room? And black faced sheep? Bonus!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And finally in the sheep category- it's more of a farm one, but still would work.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So now on to Safari.
Bedding: NoJo Brand Jungle Babies. Found this at Kids Place Superstore, then went to Shop Ko and found the same set $40 cheaper. Go figure. And I don't believe it has a giraffe (which is funny given the decor I am looking at).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Decor:
I love, love, love this and think it would go great in the room.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I like this one too, but question how the giraffe would look on the wall color.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And last but not least- more giraffes. They do offer this in a dark green/kiwi/cocoa as opposed to the sunflower/tan/green herb shown, which I think would solve some of the color issues. Though the colors would likely be fine on the darker accent wall.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Decisions, decisions. Good thing I have time!

2 comments:

Hay Hay said...

Those are both really cute! I'm voting for the jungle theme, probably because my son loves giraffes :)

Mrs. M317 said...

I love the sheep theme, but white bedding... EEK! I'm always afraid of staining, and we know babies are good at that. I also love giraffes...