
After receiving an 11:15 PM call from J last night that he would not be deploying after all and going through all the emotions that come with that, I ended up puking. And apparently fucking up a few blood vessels in the process. Lovely. I could tell people at work wanted to ask, yet didn't want to. Yep, just stare. That's comfortable for everyone.
I'm still a little pissed about the last second cancellation considering the higher up fuckwads have known for 6 months that they needed to cut the deployment list and they wait until they are at their Mob station to make the decision. Assholes. That's 76 families that didn't need to go through the stress of preparing. 76 families that wouldn't have had to say good bye. 76 families that wouldn't have had their lives unnecessarily up-ended because some asshole couldn't be bothered to do their job sooner.
On the plus side, this now means J will get to be here for all the pregnancy fun. Maybe he'll choose going to Kuwait to join up with some random strangers next time!


2 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I can't imagine those emotions. I'm sure you are thrilled he's not leaving but I can't believe they put SEVENTY SIX families through that. That is absolutely ridiculous but I am so glad he's going to be home for you
Wow that is such a horrific thing that they put you through. What a huge screw up too. 76 families is no small mistake. Just completely heartless to do that. I am so sorry you had to go through that emotional rollercoaster.
We had the opposite happen. We were told he was not deploying only to get a 25 days out Written Orders. So now we are scrambling to get ready.
So happy your husband will be here for your pregnancy and birth. Such a true blessing.
I think of you often and hope you are doing well
Mandee(SNM)
Post a Comment