Saturday, October 9, 2010

I love her, she means well.

I love her, she means well. I need to repeat this about 100 more times.

My aunt strikes again. When I first found out I was pregnant, she wanted to get everything used- crib, car seat, I'm shocked she wasn't out looking for used disposable diapers that had been washed. I had managed to talk her down to just clothes for the time being.

Until the other day. When J went to pick up the furniture for the room, she had picked up another "find". A pressboard dresser with no hardware, the laminate is coming off, the pieces don't even stay together properly. It's trash and that's where it needs to go. I don't even think the city mission would take it- it's in that bad of shape.

So today she stops over with more clothes (and a wipe warmer that doesn't have a cord and is beat to crap). I show her the rooms. Welcome to critique mode- "Why is the rocker in the corner? No one puts it there- it will hit the wall. It needs to go in the middle of the room." Middle of the room would mean there would be maybe 4 inches of walking space on either side. Not happening. "Where are you going to put the other dresser?" Seriously? Maybe I can put it in the middle of the room next to the rocker. We are sick of cluttered rooms and all it would do is clutter up the room more.
And it's crap. She does find awesome deals at times, but I wish she would learn how to tell the difference between a good deal and absolute shit.

Ugh. Off to the dump it goes.

No comments: