Don't worry, everything's fine.
Tell me that a couple hours ago though. I had noticed a little blood when I wiped, but I had a notable bowel movement earlier and was chalking it up to being a little more than my butt could handle. No biggie.
Fast forward to waking up with abdominal pains- huge gas build up. Joy. Tried to go a couple times, but nothing. Passed a little gas, but not enough where it was any kind of relief. I decided to try to shit again- got a little that time, but nothing near what I was expecting given the kind of work I was doing. Le sigh. I figured back to bed so I could be uncomfortable again.
And then I wiped. I haven't seen that much blood since my last period- and defintely not with some clots in it. Enter freak out mode. (Oh, and of course it's when J is at drill 2 hours away. What other fucking time would it happen?)
I made the call to the on-call nurse/midwife who promptly sent me to L&D. Joy. That calms me down. Not. Had to wake up B (J's nephew's girlfriend) to meet me at the hospital. Then off I go, still trying to get a hold of J, which I finally did. He ran off to get released from drill so he could come home.
So off I went to L&D. Got checked in, then they took me to one of the rooms (the one they used to show us around during the hospital tour). I have determined I definitely don't want to be tied to the bed during delivery unless necessary- those beds suck ass. Anyway, nurse came in to hook up the monitors. She took the fetal one and started searching for j. And searched. And searched. And searched. Longest fucking minute of my life. She finally found him, hooked up that one and the one to monitor for contractions. Then nothing to do but wait and see how those looked for a while (and recheck my blood pressure since for some reason it was elevated. Hmm, I wonder why).
Everything on the monitor looked great- j was going good (and like many babies, not a huge fan on the monitor. Took him about a minute to start kicking at it). I had one contraction (must have been a big one as I had no idea). So on to the next step was to check my cervix. Dear Lord, I am not looking forward to having that done again. She tried with a speculum first, but couldn't quite get a good enough view (though she did get some more blood. great). She checked it manually- thick, closed, no issues there. Bleeding was definitely not from the placenta or anything.
Nurse called the nurse/midwife on call and they came to the same determination- it was caused by likely a broken vessel or two from when I was straining to poop.
Discharge instructions- get some stool softener. And call back if there are more clots.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think my blood pressure just went up reading that. I'm glad everything is ok.
I am so glad you are ok, but is it wrong that your post made me laugh! You just crack me up and are good at visuals. I am so glad it was nothing! I'm sure I would freak alos!
Post a Comment