Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Doctor = Non Asshat

So douchebag Dr's office didn't fax my medical records in time. Why am I not surprised? I wasn't sure how he was going to respond to this, but he was ok with it. My appt was slightly delayed as he had a patient in labor and there were some issues that he needed to run across the street to the hospital for. I suppose that's a good reason to leave me waiting. At least his nurse had to decency to forewarn me and give me the option of waiting, coming back in an hour, or rescheduling.

Anyway, 30-45 minutes after he got into my room, I left with a much, much better feeling. It probably would have gone a little smoother if he had my actual records, but we ad libbed fairly well. He was leaning toward possible PCOS, but since my prolactin levels are normal and I am ovulating, (granted he had to take my word for it, but he will get my charts when douchebag doctor's office forwards them, so if he sees something he can call), we are going to let the rest of our year run it's course before we proceed any further with that. Since we are actively TTC, the last thing we wanted to do was put me on BCP. He also mentioned that due to my history, a HSG wouldn't be completely unwarranted, but is leaving that decision up to me if I wish to pursue it prior to one year TTC.

Right now I have a standing order for progesterone levels 7 dpo. DH is doing his SA tomorrow. And I feel much better about where we sit as I have a doctor who is actually willing to talk to his patients.

Douchebag doctor- YOU'RE FIRED!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found a doctor that seems to know his stuff AND is not an asshat. Good luck!