Today the plan was to move the door on the shed. With the new garage going up, we wouldn't be able to get into it (we couldn't attach it as it doesn't have footings. Duh It's a shed. Stupid city). We made our quickie trip to Home Depot this morning to get a couple necessities and J and his friend got to work. I did a bunch of yard clean up while they were working. Around 12:45 I went in to get a drink of water. I had checked J's phone earlier and saw MIL had called a couple times. Sigh. I knew neither of us was in the mood for an hour conversation with her, so I ignored it until I saw she called my phone and left a message. I was figuring she wanted something done at her house and needed J to do it. I wish. Oh how I wish.
BIL (M) had a heart attack this morning (it sounds more like he had a seizure that led to a heart attack, but I digress). She didn't leave a whole lot of details, so I called her back. He was in the hospital- they had to drug him to get the tube in and the IV's and put him in restraints as he kept trying to pull them out. Other than those reflexes, he is completely non-responsive. Not good. She went on to tell me that SIL was unable to do mouth to mouth as he was foaming at the mouth and was just pushing the fluid back into his lungs. By the time the paramedics got there, his heart had stopped and he had not been breathing. For 8 minutes. Also not good. We scrambled to put the shed back together as fast as possible so we could go see how things were going.
We went into his room and there were a few others there. He would "wake up" for a few seconds at a time, but it was definitely a lights are on but no one's home look. (We are pretty sure it was just a reflex to something at that point). After a while, he ended up spitting the tube out and ripping an IV out, so them had to put him out again. It was taking them a while and they brought one of the machines up to check him again. SIL said it looked exactly like what had happened that morning. Great. At this point they need to do a heart catheter, but they can't do that until he is showing some kind of response.
Please keep M is your thoughts and prayers. Also their daughter, who is 25 weeks pregnant with his first biological grandchild (which he has been so very excited about) and is not taking this well at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so sorry, K. I'll keep everybody in my thoughts.
I'm so sorry. You are all in my thoughts.
Post a Comment