Saturday, June 13, 2009

Apparently I just needed a hobby.

So I made an executive decision yesterday. There is a meet here in town 5 weeks from today(a fairly major one, as much as local meets can be major). I am currently approximately 15 lbs over my weight class- that is a cuttable weight (though I am hoping I can actually lose enough that I don't have to cut).

Entry fee paid. I have missed this so damn much, and have skipped too many meets because I might be pregnant by them and then am not, but haven't done the proper training, so I would end up having to lift way below my normal weights or have to take a big risk trying to lift weights I am not prepared for. So I just haven't gone.

No more. It's amazing how much better if felt to have something to look forward to that is a guarantee. I am mapping out my training schedule, have to con someone from the gym (who coaches lifters) to help me the week before the meet as DH has drill and will be out of town (I will be into my supportive gear by then and meet prep requires another person- it is not possible to get a properly fitted bench shirt on by yourself. Trust me. Squat I could do, but you waste so much energy wrapping your own knees). I am ridiculously excited at this prospect (though this is bringing back the pissiness towards my former coach who is now in jail- busted for child porn, cameras in our changing room, not good times- but those I can deal with. I could deal with it better if I could chuck the wrap roller at his head, but I can't so whatever).

Now I have to start into some deadlift workouts. I have no clue where I am at one this lift (and sadly it is my worst lift and it should be my best- I have lost many a meet due to my less than stellar deadlift. 350 many sound awesome to most people, but with my experience, lifting level, and weight class, my opening attempt should be at least 400. At least).


Ok, I'll stop. I could go on forever and a couple more days about this stuff. I absolutely love it and have missed it so.

4 comments:

Chatham said...

Good Luck Babe!!!

Cat said...

Good luck with it. I think it's great to get back to doing something you love.

CathyMD

biomaj5 said...

You sound really excited! I've found that having something else to focus on really helps. :) GL!

sulfababy said...

:)