Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meet results!

So I ended up lifting in the 220 weight class- my body rejected the notion of 198. I weighed in exactly between the weight classes at 95 kilos (198 is 90, 220 is 100).

Squat was almost the death of me. Not because it was too heavy, but because I was struggling to get depth (hip must break parallel to the knee). My first attempt at 369 was most definitely high, my second attempt at the same weight was questionable. I was pissed and said screw it, if I'm going to bomb, I'm going to bomb with a respectable weight- so third attempt I had them load up 407(prior personal best was 391). The front judge had given me white lights on all three lifts, the two side judges were the ones red lighting me. One of them (which I thanked her for later) gave me a white light on my third (though it was supposedly also questionable). 2/3 is a good lift, so I was still in the meet. Woo hoo!

Bench went pretty much as planned. 209 was a bigger bitch getting it down than up, 220 was a decent lift, couldn't get 231 off my chest. Pretty typical.

Deadlift is usually my sucktacular lift. I put in a fiarly low opener of 325 to make sure I got one in. And good thing to because I had to pee like all hell and almost pissed myself on the platform. I ran and peed after that attempt and managed to get back before it was time for my next one, so all was well. Pulled a 341 on attempt #2. Had J turn in a final attempt of 358 (also a personal best). I didn't think I was going to get it locked out, but I did- went 3/3 in deadlift. With the exception of my very first meet (which were very light lifts), I have never pulled all three deadlifts.

Also ended up with a PR total of 447.5 kilos (986 lbs).

What I took away from the meet:
1. I very badly need to work on my squat depth. I hate getting behind like that and won't get that lucky again.
2. I need to work on my bench. I should be benching at least 250. Not too far off, but a ways to go on that.
3. While my deadlift has improved (though I have absolutely no idea how considering other than the two workouts I did within 10 days of the meet, I haven't pulled a deadlift since January), I have a long ways to go. I should be out deadlifting my squat.
4. I need a new squat suit. Mine is done for. It was actually loose (which is weird as I was at around 210 for the meet and normally lift in it at 198). Which means I need to lose weight as the other suits I have are too small for me at the moment.

4 comments:

akalutts said...

Congratulations! I am so glad to see you were able to perform at this meet- I have been enjoying your posts about lifting... every time I see you post on BOTB now, it reminds me why I want to workout. Best wishes in your practice for your next meet- aka

Mrs. M317 said...

Woot! Great job, kdodge!

AJFlowers said...

You ROCK!

Caeseria said...

Congratulations on the deadlift! When I was lifting weights in high school gym class, deadlift and leg press were my two faves. Deadlift because back and legs were pretty much the only muscles I had and no one ELSE liked it but I did, and leg press because even not having lifted weights in months, I can always start at over 200 on that easily.
I absolutely despised squats. You rock.