Tuesday, September 15, 2009

::happy dance::

For a couple of reasons.

#1- I am about 99% sure I am moving my ass to an RE. While I like my current doctor, one comment has stuck in the back of my mind. The fact that it "wasn't necessary" to do an FSH and LH test. Wha? I've never had them done and they are a standard part of fertility testing. They would also answer a couple questions in my my, and would only end up running about $50 for the two or something in that ballpark. Why not just order them? Granted, I like that he didn't do it just to shut me up which is a good thing, but it is not an unreasonable request.

The not "necessary" part came from the fact that my progesterone tests have always come back showing ovulation. Again, wha? You can ovulate but have shitty egg quality (something that additional blood tests might indicate). I am thinking that a specialist is a better place for me, especially given reason 2.

#2- I have been debating with changing from DH's insurance to my work's. Everything has always been pretty equal, so I just stuck with DH's as it gave $0 OOP for maternity care. Good thing as I have been using the crap out of that.

So I was perusing my work's plans and come across this gem:
Fertility and Infertility
Services Covered:

- Infertility testing and treatment
including in vitro fertilization, gamete
intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), and
pronuclear stage transfer (PROST).

Yes my friends, you read that correctly. They offer IF coverage. It's a 20% coinsurance, nothing for IF meds (which I realize can be a good chunk of the IF treatment cost), and a cap of $15k, but it is better than the diagnostic only offered by DH's insurance. Open season cannot get here quick enough. (Actually it can as I am at my deductible for the year and have a few procedures I would like done soon. Though my work plan would be a $200 deductible, so that pretty much rocks- though the IF stuff does not apply to the deductible). Even with the fine print- it's better than the absolute zero we were facing!

This is the first thing I have been excited about TTC-wise in a long time. It's kind of nice.

6 comments:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

wow that's great! More insurance companies should be covering IF treatments. GL with everything!!

sulfababy said...

YES! That's great news!

Allison said...

whoaaaa that's AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Lyse2143 said...

That is awesome news!! Keep on dancing lady, you deserve some good news for once.

Cat said...

FABULOUS! You deserve some good news. This is great.

mari2003/ TwinskMama said...

Wow that is great. GL Kdodge wish you the best!