For those that missed the fun, I checked myself into the ER last night (maybe I should have gone up a couple floors. Anyway). My left arm has been bothering me for sometime, but last night it went from mild annoyance to shooting pain and my arm going numb. And my jaw was tense and felt locked up. Breathing? Apparently I needed none of that, or so my lungs decided. In the back of my mind, did I really think that I was having a cardiac episode? No. But I also know that there is no way in hell I was going to be able to sleep without some kind of confirmation that it was just in my head. I actually went twice, the first time I stopped short of walking in the door by about 20 feet and went back home, where everything resumed and continued to grow.
Had J been home, I may have felt differently, but at that moment my entire thought process was that there was no way I was going to sleep as I don't know if I am going to wake up in the morning. So back to the ER I went (where I checked in right behind another lady who was having similar issues (except they didn't look at her like she was crazy- probably because she was more the type to actually be in there for a heart issue).
So 4 hours, a E?G (I don't know which one they did), 2 chest x-rays and 4 vials of blood later I left the hospital with a clean bill of health (and a prescription for narcotic painkillers. Seriously, what the fuck?) and a referral to some random doctor for a follow up. Fine. I'll play your little game (and bend over for the awesome bill that is likely coming out of this funtasticness).
Is stress the culprit? My thought is a resounding yes. The past month has been a fun one. Let's review:
-new phone system at work
-audit on a major job at work
-going paperless at work
-J having the flu
-Me being sick
-Cancelling our party because of the illness
-Both of us being healthy the by original party date
-replanning said party for two weeks later
-1'st dental appointment in 10 years
-dentist wanting to pull my wisdom teeth
-making my RE appointment
-getting all of the forms completed and records for the RE appointment
-my long standing inability to sleep (I have had insomnia issues, and when you are having heart palpitations every time you lay down, that doesn't help)
I'm sure there is more, but thinking about it is making my arm go numb again.
I know you're jealous.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment