Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reality sometimes bites.

Now that there is a little more hope, the reality that we might actually have a baby one of these days is sinking in a bit more. It's made me realize what all needs to be done around our house (I will admit, J and I don't do a very good job with upkeep as it is just us and damn it, that take a lot of work).

After last night, thanks to a certain someone, I now have something else that will be stuck in the back of my mind. It's a bit cart before horse, but it's something I will probably need to start considering. There is about a very likely chance (and by that I mean around 99%) that J will not be here when the baby is born- hell, even if I get pregnant on our own this cycle he likely wouldn't be here. So who on Earth would I have in the delivery room with me?

Eep. That's a tough one. We'll go with the 4 that pop into my brain first. My first thought would be my mom or sister. Problem- they live an hour away. If I become one of those crazy people who ends up making multiple trips to L&D (which I think my ER trips earlier this week kind of points to that possibility), that kind of rules them out (and no, they can't stay here- we don't have extra beds. Though my mom could stay and my aunt and uncles a couple miles away and since she works here, that would actually be a bonus). So I guess mom isn't completely ruled out, but not a given.

My next two contenders would be J's nehpew's girlfriend (B) or my best friend (L). I know B would be there in a heartbeat and would love to be there. L is very into mediciney things, so I think she would be into it as well. However neither of them has kids, so they wouldn't know what is going on (then again neither would J, so I really shouldn't hold that against them too much).

Grr. Thank God I have time to think about this because seriously, I have no fucking clue. Maybe I'll just invite everyone and roll a keg into the delivery room.

1 comment: