Friday, January 1, 2010

Obligatory New Years Post

Because, well, it seems wrong not to.

I'll start with the IUI yesterday. Got there at 7 for J to drop off his sample. We had some breakfast afterward, then window shopping at Cabela's (which with J is never just window shopping). Returned to the RE's at 9 for my fun.

J's count was 235 million, so that was a plus. The IUI itself wasn't even noticeable. The freaking sponge they shoved up there (wrapped in a plastic baggie with corners- we will be having a discussion about this before they try that again) hurt like hell. I had to walk bow legged for the next 4 hours and sitting? Holy crap, it was hell trying to find a comfortable position. Yanked it out after the 4 hours and I am pretty sure my vag had a huge sigh of relief. My poor vag is getting so violated in this whole thing- the dildo cams, then then sponge.

And there is more to come. I will start on progesterone on the 3rd. And they will be vag inserts. Score.

Now for the New Year's crap. I do have a couple resolutions.
1- Stop chewing. It has to be done. Now. My biggest hurdle will be that J chews as well (and the same type) and that makes it very hard (I've tried before). I generally only chew when I drink, but will do so other times. I'm starting with the other times. If for some reason I can't drink, that issue will solve itself.
2- Keep the house cleaner. A fun challenge with a small house with little storage space and 2 big dogs. I need to get the garage in better order so I can get the excess stuff out of the house. One thing J and I would like to do is sit down to dinner not on the couch. As of now, we can't even sit on the bench for the kitchen table. That needs to change.

2 comments:

Cate said...

GOOD LUCK! The progesterone supps aren't bad once you get used to them, just stock up on long panty liners :)

Fingers crossed for you :)

Cat said...

Oh man, exciting. GOOD LUCK!