Today I had my nutritional consult with my chiropractor's office. I've put it off because I didn't think they were going to tell me anything I didn't already know but didn't bother to follow already. I did kind of want the book to read, but they won't sell it to you without doing the consult. Since it was already figured into my package, whatever. Let's get this over with.
So I get my adjustment and I go back with the gal for this talk. She starts talking about her credentials- or actually her complete lack thereof. Just a mom who has done some research but has no formal training in anything nutrition related (red flag).
So she keeps babbling on about crap I already know (I am so holding back a "just give me the fucking book" comment by this point. She starts talking about nutritional deficiencies and blah blah blah. Then she goes on to say that it's kind of like the pregnancy she lost because she had low progesterone.
You now have my attention.
To which I quickly reply "That's usually a symptom of a different problem." She looks stunned. "What?"
"Low progesterone. It's a symptom, not an actual issue. Kind of like how Dr W solving the headache isn't what needs to be done- you need to find the source of the headache to cure it instead of just treating the symptoms."
Apparently they don't know how to respond when you throw their own logic back at them. Hehehe.
So she continues on and finally gets to the end of her little spiel. Finally. Give me my damn book.
But wait! There's more!
For only $599 they will run various tests and tell you what you are deficient in and what you need to start eating. I almost died laughing. Apparently telling her we are doing fertility treatments didn't sink in and she thought we have spare money just lying around. Ha. She tried to talk me into at least a Vitamin D test. Thanks again. It's winter, we haven't seen the sun in how long, I admit that I don't eat the best and I don't supplement this (I have them, I just forget to take them). Yeah, I bet that number is going to come back sky high.
I paid for my book and went home.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment