Thursday, February 11, 2010

$850

Holy hell. That is what it will cost us to freeze some of J's sperm. (Oh, apparently he's gotten over whatever his issue was and called of his own accord). $500 for the storage and $350 for the wash. Fuck me.

And there's no guarantee that we would even get enough. He was told they will get anywhere from 1-20 vials. 2 are needed to do an IUI. They have some come in with good counts that just don't have enough to freeze for a single IUI. Wonderful. Each follow up appointment would be an additional $350.

If we can swing it, in the long run, it makes sense. The wash portion would be done (if J understood correctly), so that would just leave $100 for my portion of the IUI (plus I am sure some handling for getting it thawed and such). If he managed to get 20 vials, that would be 10 IUI's for $850- $85 each. I really hope it wouldn't come to that.

We are really hoping this next cycle will work out so we don't have to cross this bridge. I'm not holding my breath though.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

That's a lot!!

I've tagged you for an award.