Monday, April 26, 2010

I am the world's greatest blogger.

Really. Ok, so 23 days between posts really isn't that bad.

Life has been fairly calm, with one exception. My 29th birthday was Friday, and we threw a big blowout here on Saturday night. Food was good, the booze was a flowin', good times being had by all. J was passing around his drink concoction and was trying to pawn off a glass to my friends. JR (the husband) took it and took a big swig. L looked at it and said she really wanted to be she can't. For bad reasons she can't. I wanted to scream right there because I knew exactly what she meant (I'm pretty sure JR figured that out too based on my face). J was confused so she had to come out and say it "I'm pregnant".

Oy. She did not want kids any time in the foreseeable future. She had been charting to avoid, but that month was iffy and she thought they were in the clear. A few days later, it moved her ovulation date. Too late for plan B. To top off the wonderfulness, she is due the day her mom died. I get her frustration I really do. And it says a lot that one of her biggest concerns (other than the obvious) was how she was going to tell me(the only ones that know are her dad, sisters, and us. One of her sisters joined the party later and confirmed how worried she was to tell me). She was so afraid I was going to be mad at her.

Oh I'm mad alright. I am insanely pissed. But definitely not at her. I managed to make it through the rest of the night alright, but as the last guests were leaving I had had enough. Once it was just J and I in the house, I fucking lost it. I haven't cried that hard...ever. After J holding me up for a couple minutes, I finally just flopped down on the couch and continued my sobfest. J was doing his best to calm me down, but at that point, saying nothing would have been the best option. Especially compared to the "we just need to relax a little and have faith" that came spewing out of his mouth. It's a good thing I was way to out of it to hit him.


In more fun news, J has lined up to freeze his sperm a week from today. Apparently I have to go in to sign paperwork (thanks for the heads up there J. I guess better now than Friday or something equally ridiculous). Then it will just be a matter of waiting for my period so I can begin my drugs. Yay.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Not a nice way to celebrate a birthday. J is probably glad you were too out of it to hit him too. I imagine you would have done some damage.

Papps said...

I'm so sorry darlin. What a craptastic ending to your celebration.
I will say I am excited for next week to come! Good luck with the freezing :)

Stephanie said...

I'm apparently the world's greatest blog follower, but I just caught up. I knew you had a rough night that night but I had no idea why. I am so sorry that was your birthday celebration. I hope things go smoothly with the freezing and all the paperwork coming up.

10yearstogether said...

I'm sorry hon. My heart broke just reading this because sadly, I know the feeling. I wish you a LOT of luck with the upcoming cycles.