Friday, May 7, 2010

The cyst has gotten the hell out of Dodge.

Quite literally. I was truly expecting the nurse to find the cyst still there this morning. Nope! All is good. Several small follies, just as they should be. She did however have quite the time finding my uterus. I had one of the newer nurses, but still.

Nurse C: "Ok, it shouldn't be this hard to find. Normally it's the first thing you see!"

K: "I am pretty sure it's still there. I think I'd remember losing that."

C: ::side eye:: "I am going to go grad S or Dr R. Maybe I am just not seeing it."

So she grabs S (my usual nurse who know where my shit normally hangs out)- it was just hiding, she spotted it right away. How does one's uterus hide? I know my right ovary does on a regular basis though. Anyway.

So all the drugs are bought. I have a big white sack that makes me feel like a huge druggie. I begin the Femara tomorrow, Menopur shots Monday evening. Next appointment is Thrusday morning. At that point it will be determined if more Menopur is needed or if 3 shots did the trick.

Fortunately (?) I still have a trigger shot from the last medicated cycle- FEBRUARY- so that will save a bit. I also called around and there is a local pharmacy that has a fertility discount program- I will most likely be getting my meds from them more often. It was easy to find HCG as it is being used as a diet aid now. Finding Menopur is a little more tricky. Not everyone carries menotropins apparently. Douches.

No comments: