But dear fucking Lord.
My aunt S called me yesterday. She is our family garage sale queen. I figured she would be calling at some point to see if I wanted her to pick up anything. Which is fine with me- I don't mind if she picks up some odds and ends. Can save some money.
The list of things she wanted to buy:
-crib
-dresser
-rocker
-swing
-stroller
-car seat
-some diaper thingy
-ass loads of clothes
-blankets
-maternity clothes
Crib/Dresser/Rocker- I want some of my own stuff, new. Not all second hand. And we want a matching set. We already have one picked out that is exactly what we want, and with J being deployed, we can afford to get a nice set, and the crib will be a convertible one that will last. And I want to know the brand so I can check it for recalls. Often times that isn't available info.
Swing- Ok, maybe. But I have seen the quality of some at sales. Not pretty.
Stroller- We already have one picked out.
Car seat- again with the saftey recalls. And I prefer new. (And I did not need the lecture about getting multiple bases. We have one car that the kid is going to be in. Unless we are going to try to strap the kid to bike, there's really no need in a second base. And I'm sorry, but they aren't that expensive. She kept going on and on about how super expensive the second base was as well.)
The diaper thingy- fabulous. Might work great. But we also haven't ruled out cloth diapers, which I doubt would work with it.
-Clothes- she knows I don't have a dresser to put them in yet and we don't what the baby is. Good Lord woman, give it a little time.
-blankets- I almost laughed when she asked me if I have any receiving blankets. I am 10 fucking weeks. NO!
And finally- Maternity clothes. Oy. She wants to pick me up enough to have two weeks worth of work clothes. I don't have that now. On top of that, I did save some of my stuff from before I lost weight so I didn't have to buy as much when I did get pregnant. My jeans should fit me a good portion of the pregnancy as well. She was rambling on and on about how much she gained during hers. Great. I am not cleared to gain 50 lbs, and have no intention of doing so if possible. At 2 1/2 months, I am up 2 lbs. That's it.
I know, I know. I should be happy I have someone willing to go out and do this and try to find me some deals. It's just too much too soon. Way too much.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You can always let her buy stuff and then re-sell it for stuff you do want...
Post a Comment