Don't get me wrong. I like the staff and going there has been a huge help. But some of the pushy crap makes me want to go off on them.
Like their dinners. They are an hour from my house. I am not going to hang our for 3 hours waiting for a stupid dinner to start where they are going to lecture over something I either don't give a shit about or already have done my own research on.
The seminars. Similar story as the dinners. I get that they are trying to raise awareness, but often times what I have seen in their outlines is just as much scare tactics as the other side of their arguement. There is a happy medium, and that is where most people fall. I'm not interested in your extremes.
And then there's the fun now that I am pregnant (this is all the staff, not the chiro himself). For people who have never TTC, have never been pregnant, have no children- they sure as hell have strong opinions about everything having to do with it. I laugh inside- stupid girls, some day you will see. It's a whole new ballgame when there is actually a life at risk. Also, they know how long we were trying. Apparently it never crosses their minds that I may have had some time look up some things on my own (SHOCKER!). They think watching The Business of Being Born is the end all, be all. Oy. I'll watch it (though I have seen a good chunk of it), but it's not going to change my overall approach- which is going about things the way I have always gone about them- doing my own research and coming to my own conclusions.
Some day I have a feeling my pregnancy hormones will cause me to go off on them. For now I will take eating my puffy Cheetos and Pepsi on my way home after my appointment. Their nutrition lady would have a heart attack.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment