I swear I only had one breakdown last time, and it was fairly short lived.
Not this time.
I've had about 3 today. Yippee. J is off to his Mob station for more pointless training, then they will be off for real. In some ways, it helps that they are in country for a bit because I know where he is, it's easy to talk to him, and I know he's in a safe place (not that he will ever be outside the wire on this deployment, but we tend to not get mortared here). But it still sucks that today was the last time I am going to see him until about when baby is due. Only 30 1/2 more weeks. Woo fucking hoo.
Last time was also easier because they left after supper- much easier to only get through an evening as opposed to an entire day (and we didn't have the whole baby thing going on). And his sister wasn't being a douchebag calling shortly before midnight the night before (yeah, he had to report at 7 bitch. Thanks a lot for that). It's a good thing I didn't get to my phone in time. It would not have been pretty. I am damn near an insomniac to begin with, so let's wake me with a random phone call in the middle of the night. Nice.
So now my house is probably the cleanest it has been in some time. Everything of J's is now put away- as in his shoes and hats and random items aren't just lying everywhere. His stuff isn't going into storage, but the last thing I need is a constant reminder that he's not here. Cleaning up and getting rid of the clutter helps me tremendously with that.
Today should be the worst day. Tomorrow marks one day closer to him coming home.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment