So we went to shop around, and found what we thought was a suitable replacement at an awesome cost. And it would have been an awesome cost- except it was the cost for the car seat only. Fuck me. So we were going through the discontinued styles to see if we likes something. Never failed- every one we liked they either had the stroller but no car seat, or vice versa. The store clerk (who was very patient I must say) said that they did have one travel system in stock that they didn't have on the floor and the colors were similar to what we had been looking at. Score- let's see it.
So he lugs out the box and cuts it open- perfect. One problem- the ones we had been looking at had a SnugRide35. This is just a SnugRide. J gave me the side eye- "do we really want to be lugging around a 35 lb kid in a carrier?". j kicked his approval at the comment. Fine- get it. They are teaming up on me already- I don't like this.
So we have our travel system- Graco Stylus in Boxy.

Oh yes, dr's appointment went well today. Heart rate around 140, everything measures good, I'm up 4 from last month- right on schedule. Now we begin appointments every two weeks. I won't have my glucose test until December 1, so I can enjoy Thanksgiving for sure- woo hoo!


2 comments:
We got the Snugride32 instead of the plain ol' Snugride, and let me tell ya.. my kiddo is 22 pounds, and that thing is HEA-VY (well, more awkward than unbearably heavy.) The S32 itself weighs more than the regular Snugride, so that in and of itself sort of sucks.
Don't worry about it AT ALL. I stopped carrying that car seat around when DD was about 15 pounds. It is just way too heavy at that point. I also switched DD to a convertable carseat well before she reached the limit (and ours is 22 pounds). She was just more comfortable in a rear facing convertable. I truly don't know anyone who actually used an infant car seat all the way up to 32 pounds!
Post a Comment