Thursday, February 10, 2011

40 weeks

And no baby. My cervix had actually regressed as of yesterday. Barely 1 cm and 30% effaced. Cute. He's definitely still floating, so things aren't looking promising for anything imminent. For now the plan is to start induction on Wednesday night with ripening, then early Thursday morning switching to pitocin. I really hope he decides to come before then- I am not fond of the idea of inducing at all. But with his supposed size and that will put me at 41 weeks, he needs to be getting out. I am hoping that his size isn't going to be a huge issue, but it is at a point where it could be a concern. My OB made a point to be prepared that is may go that way (more for mental reasons than anything else), but we will do everything we can to avoid a c-section. (My friend said she got the same type of warning from him and it was never even a though during her birth, so it seems he just doesn't want patients going into it thinking all is fine and then getting blindsided if things go south.)

And then there's my other fun. Sunday I had a wonderful hemorrhoid develop. According to J, it was the size of his thumbnail and very dark in color. Yay. I spent Monday in some serious pain and started on some Preparation H that night. Tuesday my OB gave me a prescription cream. It had gone down some, at least to the point where it wasn't insanely painful unless someone was touching it. Though I could feel it, which is a new one for me. I've had them before, but never this size. Felt like I left a big chunk of TP when I wiped. Ew.

OB looked at it yesterday and sent me to an outpatient surgical place to get it looked at. Great. Just what I wanted. The NP I saw for it was very nice (and 29 weeks along herself- she said some of the OB patients she sees makes her concerned about what could be around the corner for her). Given that the pain has subsided a bit and how it looked, she didn't feel that it needed to be removed. She prescribed a different cream for it (which is wonderful BTW) that should help it shrink and has a decent painkiller in it as well.

So for now we wait. Our child birth class is having a "reunion" class on Wednesday night where everyone is supposed to bring in their babies and we would do infant massage and whatnot. Unless someone changes his mind, we will be going to that, then heading across the street for the induction.

2 comments:

cjdubs13 said...

Hope your little guy comes soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully j decides to take the eviction notice seriously and makes his way out in an orderly fashion.