Friday, February 25, 2011

Home at last.

j was released from the NICU yesterday. We made a quick little stop at my mom's work since she hadn't gotten to hold him yet (when she came by J and I weren't even allowed to hold him until he was more stable). He was fighting sleep all day- he was so used to the NICU and the complete lack of stimulation that he was just trying to take everything in.

I had a minor breakdown while trying to go to bed, primarily because I was dead tired. J volunteered to stay up until his next feeding to make me feel better about going to bed. By that time I was much better off and didn't have issues after that. J has been beyond wonderful through everything the last 8 days.

Today has been pretty decent. j "helped" me pay bills this morning (J was still catching up on sleep from the prior day), then we got to break in the glider. Now if I could just figure out how to sit down and relax for 10 minutes. Can I blame the Percocet? Because I'm going to.

3 comments:

cjdubs13 said...

Glad your son is home. Try to rest up!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everyone is home, happy and healthy. Enjoy it, momma!

Papps said...

That's great he's home! Enjoy it :)