Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Almost real

It's getting almost real at this point. While John and I have been together for about 4 1/2 years, there's a huge difference between dating and being married. We have been married for just over 19 months- we have actually been together for 7 1/2 of those. Most of our marriage has been apart.

Not that I was dependent on him before this deployment, but it has forced me to deal with things I didn't have to while I was still in school and could still somewhat rely on parents to bail me out on occasion. Not now- I just couldn't bring myself to do that. So instead I learned to do the stupid little things I had always dumped on mom. Plus dealing with loads of other things that came up over the past year (oh, do I have stories for upcoming blogs). Honestly, I should be heavily medicated considering the stress level I have been at since last summer.

How are things going to go when he is really, truly home? It seems weird to think that he will actually be back in this house on a regular basis again. It's almost frightening.

No comments: