John is out of the house for a while so I can play. Hooray! We were going to go on a poker run today, but I hurt so bad from our 5 1/2 hours of golf yesterday that there is no way I could sit on the back of a bike for 300 miles. Not gonna happen. Not sure if he's going to go without me, but I don't care if he does. I am actually looking forward to some alone time. I think he finally understood that yesterday when we had our little blowup at the golf course. He just kept pushing and pushing and I couldn't take it anymore. We got it talked out, but I thought he was seriously going to cry when I told him that I just wanted some alone time. He didn't hear "Please just leave me alone for an hour or so", he heard "I'm not happy you're home and you are in the way". Oh joy- that's the message I trying to convey- right.
Fortunately, the deployment helped us with our communication a lot. Prior to it, this would have turned into a huge multi day ordeal over a simple misunderstanding. Now its just a few minutes and learning to ask for clarification (since we mainly talked over IM, it's hard to tell someone's tone over that, so that happened a lot). Huge plus on that end.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment