At least on my end. I have been carpooling with a lady since November. At first it was great as gas was $4/gallon and she was going into work every day. Saved me a bunch on gas (as obviously I was picking up part of the tab to gas up her car, which gets better mileage than mine) as well as wear and tear on the car. The starting in December, she went to 3 days a week. Ok, still doable, but it was screwing with my schedule a bit.
Then gas prices dropped. And she only commutes 2 days a week now. Honestly, it's only saving me about $10 a week. I can make that up by taking my lunch in and work a half hour of OT (my lunch) one day a week. To top it off, for two days a week I have to get up an hour and a half earlier, get to work a half hour earlier and leave a half hour later. Makes for a long damn day being stuck there all day. I am used to my freedom and have been struggling with the fact that I had to give some of it up.
To top it off, she freaking annoys me. I am not a morning person- she is a talker. We also have very differing views on things (like I find it stupid that her 26 year old daughter called her for entertainment because she was bored because her power had been out for 5 minutes. I wish I was kidding). And then there's her comment about it taking them forever to conceive their third child- all 3 months (and this includes a m/c on month 2). You would think considering it took her sister 7 years to conceive she would have a little more sensitivity in regards to that topic (and the fact that she knew how long we had been trying).
So today she calls me and they are way behind and she has some personal issues which have surfaced and I will need to drive myself for the next several weeks. Yeah, the next several meaning the rest of my life. I do thank her for saving us the money she did, but it is just not in my personality to be completely dependent on someone else. If she got in a wreck leaving her work (which apparently she has had several close calls and an accident one day I wasn't with her), I would be stranded for hours. And my luck would be it would be a day that J is out of town.
Hooray for getting back my hour and a half of sleep!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
wooohooo!!! I hate getting stuck with a morning talker!!! Nothing worse!!!
hurray for your sleep!
Post a Comment