I, for whatever reason, did not take the news well that the next step will be a laparoscopy in 2-3 months. Maybe it's because I am sure that will encompass one cycle. Maybe it's because I wanted something more aggressive. Maybe I am just off my rocker. Who knows. I had every intention of writing this post as an I Quit post. I was bawling the whole way home (fun when you have a 45 mile drive) and pretty much had the whole post written in my head.
Fortunately, DH intercepted me before I was able to get on. Why he has such a good outlook on this whole thing, I have no clue. He was very calm about it, and just kept reminding me that we have time, that there is still hope, there is a lot to be looked into yet. It's only 2 months that we have before we move on- we are eating better since I am trying to lose weight, I have lost weight, overall we have been taking better care of ourselves and should just give it time. Of course he knows that I am quite possibly the most impatient person on the planet, so he know it wouldn't sit well, but the fact that he has such a good outlook on it is helping. Damn him.
So now we wait 2-3 months. I am still contemplating a break from charting, but I have said that before and I doubt it will happen. I will just have to be patient. Someone give me a straightjacket.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I had the lap and know how frustrating it is to have things on hold - again. I'm so sorry. If you have any questions with it let me know.
And honestly, I stopped charting around that time and felt a bit more sane.
Well, I'm fresh out of straight jackets, but I do have a hug for you. Hang in there kdodge, we're all rooting for you!
I have my pre-op appt for a lap and hysteroscopy on Monday. Also not looking forward to it, but I totally get the being frustrated at having to wait. After trying to get knocked up for so long, it feels weird to coast along knowing we can't get pg right now if we tried. (I've also quit charting, just didn't see the point until the parts are working again.)
Good luck!
-FloridaKat
Post a Comment