Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Clomid

Due to findings that have been made, I must kindly ask you to get the fuck out of my reproductive attempts.

DIAF while you are at it.

Sincerely, K


As of today's baseline, Clomid has been officially fired. My lining was fucking 3.8 last cycle. For those who are lost, they want it to be between 6 and 8. 3.8 is bad. I'm actually a little miffed they didn't cancel my cycle. I had to be damn close to the threshhold for that. I would have rather saved the IUI money and took our chances with TI instead. The joyousness that happens when you are getting bounced around because of holidays and vacations.

Today I had my nurse and my RE back. My nurse was much happier with the follies that were measurable today- there were quite a few more than last cycle. Of course then she drops on me that they are going to discontinue my Clomid and try something else. I had a little panic attack trying to figure out where we were going to come up with funding for injects when we were planning on a Clomid cycle. Then she mentioned that it would be another pill. Ah, Femara. Thank God. So we finished up, my RE explained to me why the Clomid had the effect it did (I was nice and didn't tell him "No shit Sherlock- it's an anti-estrogen and lining is built off estrogen." I was nice though- I remembered he doesn't know how much I actually know and am letting him do his explanations to make sure we are on the same page).

So follow up next week. I need to make some calls about my trigger shot so I don't over pay. Again.

In the process of that I found the joys of the cost of Femara. Mother of God, it runs around $150 for ten teeny tiny fucking pills. Fortunately, Femara is not listed as a fertility drug, so insurance covers it (score) and I went to Femara.com and they had a prescription thing that takes it down to a $10 co-pay (double score. If you may end up with Femara at some point, REMEMBER THIS! All you do is print off the page. Walgreen's took it, so I doubt you would have any issues elsewhere).

1 comment:

Me said...

I liked Femara a lot better than Clomid. Well... as much as you can "like" a fertility med. :p