Friday, June 4, 2010

Beta #1- 97.2!

Nurse seemed happy, with what I have seen it's in line with where it should be. (Yes, I know that doubling is far more important thaan actual levels.)

J is at least on board with the whole idea now. Finally.

Though it is funny- he was talking to one of the guys at his work (he and his wife use the same RE we do).
J "So this test today, this was to check your progesterone levels, right"
K "No, HCG"
J "What's that?"
K "The pregnancy hormone. Same thing as the pee stick test for"
J "Oh, ok. Well, R was saying that his wife had to be on some estrogen pill to keep the pregnancy"
K "Progesterone. And that would be what I am shoving up my vag every day"
J "Oh, so that's covered. Well, good"

OMG- why is everything supposedly related to estrogen? (I think it's the only hormone name he knows, so he just kept using it.) On the plus side he will be home for the first ultrasound, which I think will really help. I also hope to drag him to a couple baby departments and come up with a little bit of an idea of what he likes so that we are somewhat on the same page (I know it's early, but he'll be gone for the vast majority of all this stuff). My theory is that when I do get around to that part, I can pick up some of the things he liked and when I send him pictures, he'll be able to see some of the things he picked out.

Yes, I know I am way ahead of myself on that. Shut up. I don't care.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, if anyone gets a pass on the 'cart before horse' stuff, it's you. Congrats on the great beta, and have fun window shopping.

Bexie said...

I think the shopping trip is a great idea! Congrats on the good beta!

nikinikinine said...

It's about effing time. Just sayin'

CONGRATS!!!

Kalen said...

I gotta tell you that I lurk The Bump from time to time, and I always thought you were quite a bit of an a-hole most of the time & was surprised more ppl didn't get you a hard time for being so quick to be harsh to newbs, etc.

HOWEVER...

I came here because I was lurking & saw someone had posted that you got a BFP, and I have to admit, I was really excited/happy for you, as creepy as that sounds considering I never posted on The Bump & you don't know who the hell I am. ;)

But seriously, I really, really, REALLY hope this is it for you & I can tell (and read) that you've waited a LONGGGGGGGG time for this. Your beta rocked. My first beta was 20-something and now I'm 4 weeks away from having the baby.

Sometimes asshole or not - you deserve this pregnancy & I hope to follow you (not too creepily though) through the rest of it.

Congrats <3

Nishant said...

Congrats on the great beta, and have fun window shopping.
Banner Advertising Network India