Monday, June 21, 2010

Freak out and reality check commencing.

So the time with my mom's family wasn't too bad- probably because they know to keep gatherings short and sweet. I did forget about that part. Anyway, J got to talking to one of my uncle's that we never see (because he lives a whole 5 miles away. Yeah, we had to drive 2 hours to talk to him. We suck). I completley forgot my cousin used to do gutters and still has to machine to do them. And what is the one thing that desperately needs to be done to the garage? You guessed it. I could have done without the rain on my toast this morning. Or I should haul my happy ass out of bed in time to eat before I leave. Whatever.

J and E got to talking and turns out he installs windows now. Oh lucky day, guess what is one thing on our absolute must-do list for the house? Windows! The other is removing all carpet (the living room carpet still smells of Maggie's piss, regardless of how many times we clean it. I'm not putting a baby on that). My uncle claimed the click together ones were pretty easy to do (hmm, maybe I should con him into do that. The gimp and the pregnant woman trying to floor a house. That could be interesting. Actually I think he said E's brother N knows how to do it- and lives a whopping 7 blocks away and yet we never see them).

It's while we were talking about this that it really hit home. J is leaving. Soon. Sooner than we would definitely like. We have all this shit that needs to get done and I am going to have to beg help off people. Not to mention most of it will be delayed for monetary reasons (windows are not cheap, if you have never priced decent ones).

It also means he's really going to be gone for all of this. Holy hell.

On the plus side, J is finally getting excited about it. 3 days to ultrasound. :)

No comments: