Saturday, June 19, 2010

No, MIL.

~before I get to today's planned bitchfest, I have had it pointed out to me that I have sucked at updating this and I didn't realize until now how true that was. Beta #2 was 356, doubling every 39 hours. First ultrasound is scheduled for 6/24 (holy shit, that would be 5 days from now!).

Back to previously planned bitchfest.~

J's family had a "reunion" today. All in all it wasn't too bad. J finally told his mom. We thought she was the last one to know, but apparently one of his sisters was not paying attention at all and didn't figure it out until shortly before we all went our separate ways.

Anyway, the point of this whole thing. MIL has been pushing that me going to a chiro might be helpful in getting pregnant since she found out I started going last November. Whatever. I know it wouldn't hurt, but seriously? Giving a little too much credit. From what I have found, if it does help there was a diagnosed condition that it helped with. Hard to help improve someone when there's nothing wrong! I've pretty much ignored her about it or just rolled my eyes and let it drop.

Not today. She was babbling on about how it was probably what helped and I had to throw in "Yeah, that and the $1500 worth of shots and other doctor crap that we did."

"Well, you probably didn't need all that other stuff. Just the chiro helped."

"Uh, no. If that were true, my lining wouldn't have been thinned on Clomid, I wouldn't have had a non responsive cycle on Femara, and I wouldn't have had a cyst that hung out for 3 months. None of those things are 'improvements'. It was the hormone shots that it took almost twice what they normally have to use to get a decent response."

"Well, I am sure the chiro helped too."

::headdesk:: (actually it was a picnic table, but I digress)

J's niece (little miss "anyone want a baby" from Thanksgiving, who is in a much better place with both kids now, which is good) just giggled at me. "Dude, she's 80. Did you really think that would help?"

Of course I knew it wouldn't. But it got her to shut up about it. Sometimes that is enough of a victory.

Tomorrow we get my family, and not the ones I see on a regular basis. Oh joy. That should be just as fun.

No comments: